Cancer Guard* Cancer Insurance
The cancer insurance that gives you peace of mind. It is a guaranteed issue cancer insurance that provides up to $100,000 of coverage in the event of a life threatening cancer diagnosis. No medical examination is required.
- Benefit payable upon diagnosis
- Benefit payable in a single lump sum
- Guaranteed renewal
- No medical exam
- 3 premium options to choose from:
- Term 10 (projected level rates for 10 years with guaranteed renewal thereafter)
- Term 20 (projected level rates for 20 years with guaranteed renewal thereafter)
- Term 75 (projected level rates to age 75)
You can purchase additional coverages for more comprehensive protection.
For an additional charge, a benefit equal to 50% of the sum insured, up to a maximum of $25,000, will be payable for the following cancers:
- Skin Cancer (Malignant melanoma in the dermis equal to or lower than a depth of 1.0 mm)
- Breast Cancer (ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast)
- Stage A Prostate Cancer
A single Prevention benefit will be payable for the entire life of the policy. The sum insured will be reduced by the amount of the benefit paid.
Critical Illness Rider
For an additional charge and additional eligibility requirements, you can top up your cancer insurance by adding the following critical illnesses:
- Stroke (cerebrovascular accident)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Heart Attack (myocardial infarction)
- Juvenile critical illnesses
- – Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- – Muscular Dystrophy
- – Cystic Fibrosis
- – Congenital Heart Disease
- – Cerebral Palsy
The diagnosis must be made prior to the attainment of age 25 in the case of juvenile critical illnesses. Please refer to the policy for details concerning limitations and exclusions.
- be under 65 years of age at the time of purchase
- answer two eligibility questions (coverage up to $25,000)
- – In your lifetime, have you ever been diagnosed with cancer or a malignant tumour, had signs or symptoms of cancer, consulted a physician or undergone tests showing abnormal results for cancer; are you awaiting a test for cancer or have you had a test for cancer and awaiting the results?
- – In your lifetime, have you ever been diagnosed with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) or tested positive for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)?
- answer two additional questions (coverage up to $100,000)
- – In the past two years, have you had an application for critical illness or cancer insurance declined or postponed by any insurance company, including Excellence?
- – Have two or more members of your immediate family (father, mother, brothers and sisters) suffered from or been diagnosed with cancer before the age of 60?
For more information, refer to the Cancer Guard brochure.